application/x-httpd-php header.php PHP script text
Nancy’s affiliation to the Council started in 1994 and she became the President and CEO in 1999.
The WBDC is the Florida Regional Partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) which certifies that businesses are women-owned, operated, managed and independently controlled. The certification opens the door for national contracts as well networking opportunities with powerful and successful women business owners.
Over the years, Nancy has been recognized for her work on behalf of women in business through numerous prestigious awards:
1. U.S. Small Business Administration’s South Florida District 2011 Women in Business Champion of the Year. She credits this award to the women business owners she has met and worked with over her many years at the WBDC. Nancy claims that she has the distinct honor and privilege of working in the company of women.
2. Nancy was recently honored by ICABA as one of South Florida’s 100 most accomplished Caribbean Americans. She is especially proud of this award because it highlights her heritage as well as her professional accomplishments.
3. She was invited to India to receive a World Women Leadership Achievement Award from the World Women Leadership Congress in 2014
4. Nancy is also the proud recipient of the 2014 Association Marketing Award from WECAI
Nancy’s personal motto is Connections, Creativity and Courage in all endeavors. She holds a Master’s Degree from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS, 1982).
She was born in Haiti and raised in South Florida. She is bi-lingual in English and French and is fluent in Spanish and Creole.
Memberships and affiliations:
· Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
· Women Impacting Public Policy
· National Association of Women Business Owners (Miami and Orlando)
· Miami Council for International Visitors
· Organization of Women in International Trade
· The International Alliance of Women (TIAW)
· The Commonwealth Institute
· The Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami Dade
· The Women’s Fund of Miami Dade
· Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women
· WEConnect International
· Go for the Greens Foundation and Conference for Business Women
Nancy’s Presentation Overview:
Nancy will also share case studies of actual women owned businesses.
For more information, visit www.WomensBusiness.info